Brushetta

Roma tomatoes
Red and yellow capsicum
Red Spanish Onion
Fresh Basil
2 Cloves of Garlic
Balsamic vinegar Dressing
1 Olive Oil loaf from Red Door Bakery
 
(It's truly wonderful living just around the corner from the Red Door Bakery, it’s one of the hidden gems of Queen Street. After only a year of trading you already have to line up to get in the door – it’s awesome…)

Slice the bread and grill or toast it, cut up the tomatoes, capsicum and red onion into small pieces and crush the garlic, mix all together in a tupperware bowl, (I always wear my swimming goggles when I cut up onions…). Mix in 1-2 teaspoons of the balsamic vinegar dressing, place mixture on top of the toasted bread and put back under the grill to warm up for one minute, with the fresh basil on top. Eat it while its warm… don’t walk off to do something else and forget to eat it…

This recipe was given to me from one of the Greats!!!
Its what I call ‘my all time clients of gold’, a lady that has inspired me in so many ways, and would come with a new recipe or creative home idea every time I did her hair, she is basically the one who turned me from a young girl into a woman.

Enjoy!

Love Mesh